Latest jobs in USA as HERO Shift Lead (Military and Veterans)
The Walgreens HERO Program has our nation’s heroes in mind, with an opportunity for veterans to transition their leadership experience into the civilian world. Through this program, participants begin a path to store management, while earning a bachelor’s degree from Southern New Hampshire University (or other schools), all to help achieve their long-term career goals. Through this program, you will receive senior support as well as our on-the-job mentoring, guiding you through the award-winning LEAP program. LEAP fully prepares you to lead, engage, advance and perform as an assistant store manager for Walgreens.
At least 6 months of military experience
|Location:||Everett, MA 02149|
|Type:||Permanent / Contract / Fixed|
- HERO Shift Lead (Military and Veterans)
- Engage customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Solve customer problems and answer questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Model and share customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and enjoyable customer experience, including interpersonal habits (eg, greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and customer characteristics. Walgreens service (eg, proactively offering help, identifying needs, serving until satisfied, etc.).
- Responsible for maintaining store keys to open and close unattended as needed.
- Assists and trains other team members to work with the vendor and warehouse ordering process as orders are created, reviewed, and received, including opening the back door for vendor deliveries.
- Responsible and accountable for recording all related sales on the cash register provided, including records of scan errors, price checks, unregistered items, price changes, and overrides.
- Assists store manager or assistant store manager review order exceptions on order release day and assists with reverse logistics (eg, 1506, returns, empty pack).
- Assists store manager or assistant store manager in evaluating and developing displays, including promotions, season, superstructures, and sale merchandise. Hard resets and hotfixes.
- Maintains accurate inventory counts; maintains accuracy of on-hand quantities, including but not limited to base departments, warehouse, and overstock conditions.
- Help ensure the Outdate program is followed with team members.
- Responsible for the basic prices of the department and making daily price changes; ensures proper signage is displayed in store to support accurate product pricing. Ensures that any additional pricing tasks related to local regulations and/or regulatory compliance programs are completed accurately and within the required time frame.
- Assist with accounting activities including cash reporting, cash accounts, general ledgers, and bill payment as needed or requested.
- Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring a clean, neat and orderly store and appearance, including requesting store or system repairs as needed in the absence of the manager, or as requested by the manager.
- Assists with food separation (eg, raw from convenience foods) and product placement as specified by policies/procedures (eg, raw and frozen meats on lower shelves). For consumable items, it assists in stock rotation, using the first-in, first-out, replenishment method.
- Have working knowledge of store systems and store equipment.
- Attend Pharmacy over the counter as requested.
- Ensures compliance with state and local laws regarding regulated products (for example, alcoholic beverages and tobacco products).
- Responsible for baggage checks of team members before leaving the store.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; Maintains respectful relationships with co-workers.
- Complete special assignments and other dedicated tasks.
training and personal development
- Attend the training and complete the PPLs requested by the Manager.
- Obtain and maintain a valid PTCB certification or pharmacy license as required by the state.
- Serves as liaison between management and non-management team members by communicating tasks assisted team members when store management is not present.
- Reports disciplinary issues and customer complaints to management.
- At least one year of leadership experience in the Armed Forces with a rank of E4-E6 (Army/Navy/Air Force/Coast Guard); E3-E6 (Marine Corporation).
- He must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking in English. (Except in Puerto Rico)
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evening hours and weekday breaks.
Candidates can apply as soon as possible
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.