Latest jobs in USA as Meat Cutter / Wrapper
Why do people love buying fresh food at Sam’s Club? Our members tell us that one of the biggest reasons is our hard-working fresh food associates who are happy to help. Join our meat team and you won’t just be cutting meat, you’ll be making important decisions about the quality, packaging, and display of our meat products for our members to eat and feed their families. His attention to detail and steady hand work together to sell a quality product to our members. Work in our meat department and you’ll be on the front lines of customer service – your smile can mean the difference between a good shopping experience and a great one. Be part of a team that offers customers more of what they love, for less.
We will be amazed if:
- You thrive in fast-paced environments
- You are a multitasker at heart
- You keep member satisfaction your top priority
- You can stand for long periods of time while assisting members quickly and accurately.
- You are a problem solver who tackles obstacles head-on to ensure each task is completed with excellence.
You will have an impact by:
- Maintain a positive attitude by smiling, greeting and thanking members
- Provide exceptional customer service to club members as needed, answering any questions they may have.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and member-ready area
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be construed as a complete inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full job description may be available as part of the hiring process.
|Location:||Wichita, KS 67209|
|Type:||Permanent / Contract / Fixed|
- Meat Cutter / Wrapper
- Be a Team Member: Collaborate with other associates to build a strong meat team; communicate with team members; and be flexible to the needs of the business to work in other areas.
- Be an Expert: Demonstrates knowledge of the business on the floor, back room operations, product safety standards, sanitation guidelines, inventory management, and the operation, maintenance, and sanitization of equipment; prepare (eg cut, grind, wrap, trim) meat products according to established standards; cut boneless meat products; and maintain product quality standards.
- Be a Techie: Leverage digital tools to drive sales, enhance the shopping experience, and increase associate engagement; use handheld technology to make immediate business decisions related to production, training, and product quality with the member in mind; adapted to new tools and encouraged others to use them.
- Ownership: Ensures commitment to operational excellence, maintaining the work area in accordance with company policies and procedures; ensure quality and date control standards for meat products; insure fragile and highly shrinkable goods; eliminating waste; help members with purchasing decisions; and ensuring merchandise is properly packaged, labeled, and protected in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Being a Talent Ambassador: Being an advocate for the department and the club by valuing the member’s experience in the meat area and modeling high quality service and products; execute the basic concepts at the highest level of quality possible; and showing energy, commitment and passion for work.
- Complies with company ethics and integrity policies, procedures and standards by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and apply them in the execution of business processes and practices.
- Complete work assignments and priorities using policies, data, and resources; collaborate with managers, coworkers, customers, and other business partners; identify priorities, deadlines and expectations; completion of tasks; communicate progress and information; determine and recommend ways to address opportunities for improvement; and adapted and learn from change, difficulties and feedback.
The minimum deficiencies required for this position are described below. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
I acknowledge that the position for which I am applying requires that I successfully complete all job-required training and assessments within a prescribed period of time if I receive the position.
Must be 18 years of age or older
Optional Preferred Recommendations for this position are outlined below. If none are listed, there are no preferred ratings.
Candidates can apply as soon as possible
To apply for this job please visit walmart.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.