The Salvation Army Western USA
Latest jobs in USA as Music Instructor for Summer
The purpose of this position is to teach musical instruments (keyboard, trumpet, drums, or guitar) and teach music theory in the Tri Cities Corps Youth Music Program/Summer Program. English and math tutoring homework packet during the summer program.
|Location:||Newark, CA 94560|
|Company:||The Salvation Army Western USA|
|Hours:||Full Time, Part-Time, Hourly|
|Type:||Permanent / Contract / Fixed|
- Music Instructor for Summer Program
- Teach musical instrument and music theory.
- Demonstrate a passion for working with children in a learning environment.
- Collaborate as a team player
- Assist with the Children’s Music Program and Summer Program when needed.
- Assist with the supervision, guidance, and care of children in an educational, enrichment, and recreational setting,
- Provide encouraging instruction to students during group activities.
- Assist the Group Leader Director in planning, teaching lessons, homework support, and activities.
- Help maintain discipline and encourage children to follow rules.
- Assist with setup and general cleanup of the program area and with the closing/opening of the facility
- Maintain a safe environment
- Knowledge of musical instruments, able to teach musical instruments and music theory.
- Must have the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, stoop, climb, kneel and turn intermittently or sometimes continuously.
- Ability to grasp, push and/or pull objects
- Ability to get to the top
- Ability to operate the telephone.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to process written, visual and/or verbal information.
The qualified individual must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified individual with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to accommodate requests as long as the necessary accommodation does not result in undue hardship.
Candidates can apply as soon as possible
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.